Hardwood Flooring in Alabama
If you’re tired of searching for a hardwood flooring store in Gadsden, AL, or Anniston, AL visit Foote Bros. Carpet One Floor & Home! Both of our locations carry the best hardwood flooring selections in the region! Hardwood is a classic choice for most homeowners, thanks to its natural beauty and longevity. Whether you choose solid or engineered hardwood, we have the flooring that will cater to your unique style and budget.
Hardwood Flooring Styles in Alabama
Natural wood floors come in a wide array of styles, from extra wide hardwood planks to multi-color wood floors with variations from plank to plank. Additionally, you can choose different shine levels, stains, and textures, along with the hardwood species! Our most popular wood species include:
- Oak Hardwood: A versatile and durable choice celebrated for its distinctive grain patterns. Choose from red oak for a warm, reddish tone or white oak for a neutral, brown hue, both adding timeless elegance to any space. Oak's strength makes it a classic and resilient option suitable for various interior styles and preferences.
- Hickory Hardwood: Renowned for its density, strength, and rustic grain patterns. This durable choice not only withstands high-traffic areas but also brings a natural, inviting aesthetic. Whether in traditional or modern settings, hickory hardwood combines toughness and visual appeal, making it a resilient and stylish flooring solution.
- Pine Hardwood: Affordable, versatile, and made with pine hardwood, featuring a softer composition, light color, and straight grain. While not as hard as oak or hickory, pine's unique charm shines in rustic or cottage-style interiors. Ideal for areas with lower foot traffic, pine hardwood adds a touch of warmth and character to your space, providing an inviting atmosphere.
- Mahogany Hardwood: An exotic choice boasting rich, reddish-brown tones and fine grain. Known for its elegance and sophistication, mahogany's durability and resistance to decay make it a premium option for high-end flooring. Elevate your space with the timeless appeal of mahogany, creating a luxurious atmosphere that stands the test of time.
Solid vs Engineered Hardwood
When faced with the decision between solid and engineered hardwood, the key lies in understanding the specific demands of your space. Here's a closer look at the benefits each type offers, helping you make an informed decision based on your unique requirements.
- One solid piece of premium wood from top to bottom.
- The thickness of the plank determines durability.
- Best performance above or on grade.
- Can be sanded and refinished to maintain appeal.
- Multiple layers of composite wood with grains running in different directions.
- Resists expanding and contracting during humidity changes.
- Safeguards against warping.
- Planks can be refinished to extend lifespan.
Optimal Places for Hardwood Flooring Installation
When contemplating the installation of hardwood flooring, understanding the suitable environments is pivotal for long-lasting performance. Explore the recommended spaces for both solid and engineered hardwood options:
Solid Hardwood Areas of Installation:
- Above-grade areas showcase the best performance.
- Bedrooms emerge as ideal spaces for the timeless appeal of solid hardwood.
- Living rooms, where elegance and durability merge seamlessly.
Engineered Hardwood Areas of Installation:
- Engineered hardwood suits all levels of your home.
- Hallways, where durability meets aesthetic charm.
- Staircases, blending functionality with a sophisticated finish.
- Finished basements, extending the elegance to below-grade spaces.
Pro Tip: For areas prone to moisture or high humidity that may induce warping, explore our waterproof flooring solutions to enhance longevity and resilience!*
How Should I Prepare For My Hardwood Floor Installation?
We offer professional installations and selection for our flooring products! If you’re considering a hardwood installation or refinishing job with us. There are a few things to consider, including:
- Prep your installation space: move furniture, remove the existing floor covering, etc.
- Determine your desired floor height and how it might affect doors, trims, etc.
- Clean out any closets or attached storage areas, e.g., pantries.
- We offer two types of hardwood installation—nail down and glue down.
When it comes to our refinishing process, keep the following in mind:
- We offer refinishing for both existing hardwood flooring and new construction!
- We will sand and remove any existing finish on your flooring. This will usually be done with three grit levels of sandpaper.
- We will then apply a new coat of the desired stain.
- Finally, we will apply a polyurethane finish. This can be satin, semi-gloss, or gloss sheen.
For all installations and refinishing jobs, we recommend the following:
- Generally, it is best if the customer vacates the home during the process. However, this is not the case with installations or refinishing jobs localized in one area or room.
- These projects are often labor-intensive! They require the operation of special equipment that can generate a lot of noise and wood dust.
- We recommend no foot traffic in the space during the process.
Professional Hardwood Flooring Installation in Alabama
Discover the finest hardwood flooring brands and expert installation services at Foote Bros Carpet One Floor & Home. Serving Anniston, Gadsden, and surrounding areas in Alabama, we take pride in delivering quality flooring solutions. Whether you prefer an in-person showroom visit or an online exploration of our extensive flooring selection, we are here to cater to your needs. Ready to elevate your space with premium hardwood flooring?
Contact us today or visit our showrooms in Gadsden, AL, and Anniston, AL. Our commitment extends to proudly serving the neighboring communities, ensuring a seamless and satisfying flooring experience.